1. Empower disadvantaged African youth by partnering with local schools to provide Education, establishing Learning Centers , and work alongside women and families through community-based programs that create businesses and improve health.
2. Assist women and men establish business opportunities to promote economic stability and sustainability that creates jobs, enhances self-reliance, alleviates poverty, and improves dignity. Work respectfully with the communities and show compassion, in keeping with our faith and beliefs.
SAF will initially work in rural areas of Nakuru and Narok counties which were highly affected by the tribal wars during the previous elections that disenfranchised entire families. As we expand and grow, we will expand to other communities within Kenya before moving to other African countries.
Due to the poverty levels and lack of government infrastructure in Kenya and other African countries, there are few schools in many communities and the few that exist do not provide quality education. The children who attend schools have to buy school uniforms, books, and school supplies which are expensive. A majority of children live in extremely impoverished areas, where the hope of attending school is a distant dream to even the most academically gifted children. Parents need their children to help them around the house, fetching water from a distant river, and cultivating the land before going to school. Time spent doing these chores is precious time not spent in school and that is why Save African Families will build schools, construct dormitories where children will devote their time going to school, playing sports, and interacting with each other including youth volunteers from all over the world.
When we educate the African youth, we increase innovation and entrepreneurship that will create employment and discourage high dependency on foreign aid.
Short-term and long-term initiatives:
- Well-digging and water purification programs
- Encourage parents and the community to get involved
- Building of schools and medical clinics
- Offer School supplies through donations
- Teacher recruitment & training programs
- Empower communities with correct information about Covid-19 and other diseases